Paul and Vim share their love story, which began more than a decade ago. All the way back in March 2009.
“It seems like it was just yesterday when we first met, just hanging out, watching Step Brothers. Even though we drove each other crazy, most of the time, it was not long after we knew we were meant for each other. In 2011, we experienced our first holiday together in the Philippines and Thailand. During our visit to our hometown, we met each other’s family. After an amazing holiday, we were blessed and found out we were expecting. Though scared at first, we knew it was right and became the happiest parents. With love for one another and love for our beautiful son Pedro, we know we have received the greatest blessing, we will cherish forever. Although the events in our lives may not have been in the traditional order, we are so grateful for the way it turned out.’
Photography by Still Wild Love
Paul & Vim
We chose Rosewood Estate in Beechmont, as it was a location we have never been to before. It features beautiful scenery with breathtaking 360 views. It offers a glass marquee with beautiful lighting and clear roof which we could style however we liked! A house is also on the property that we could both get ready at.
Rosewood Estate allowed us the option to bring our own alcohol, offered plenty of parking, is secluded and exclusive with so many beautiful photo backdrop opportunities.
Highlights of our day from the Bride
- Pedro, our son walking me down the aisle
- Seeing my husband Paul, waiting for me and feeling on top of the world
- Watching my family and friends, hearing the music and seeing the beautiful views from our custom built ceremony stage
- Listening to our personalized vows
- Seeing our vision come together on the day
- Receiving a beautiful rainbow following our ceremony
Highlights of our day from the Groom
- Seeing my soon to be beautiful wife walking down the aisle with our son
- Being able to finally kiss Vim after not seeing her all morning
- Hearing our wedding celebrant announce us as husband and wife
- Taking our first walk together, married
- Spending time together at the photo shoot when it was just the two of us
- Seeing my friends and family from Cairns who I haven’t seen for a long time
Our favourite part at the Reception
- Listening to the live band, seeing and talking with our friends and family
- Drinking and dancing
- Having fun with our photo booth
- Going to the house for a wardrobe change and spending a few minutes alone time together
Do what makes you happy. Create you’re own traditions. Do as little as possible on the day and hire professionals. Invest in good vendors and suppliers so you don’t have to worry on the day, Having our Bronwyn from Scenic Rim Bride as our Wedding Coordinator was the best decision we made!
Remember your wedding day is about you and and your husband, focus on the things you want and love.
- We wanted a fun ceremony filled with love and laughter. Annie from Celebrant Lady Love definitely delivered that! She is so well spoken, beautiful, creative and dressed extremely well
- Jim Artistry offered both hair and makeup services. A lot of the time I found these services were separate. Having an all in one service was just one thing less to worry about. Plus Jim is amazing!
- Cin Cin mobile bar was beautiful! We could not fault their service, Adriana and her team truly went above and beyond.
- There was nothing that Roxy from Bunch It Up couldn’t do! The florals were perfection. Roxy was very kind and caring and our flowers lasted for days.
- I visioned myself in an off white wedding dress and went to 2 bridal stores prior to White Lily. As soon as I tried on my wedding dress I immediately fell in love! I knew it was the one.
- My seamstress, Nikki from Skilled Stitches altered my wedding dress. It was very last minute and her care and honest recommendations put me at ease. Nikki had my dress, veil and 2 capes dry cleaned and ready in a couple of weeks.
- The boys suits were from Politix which we found were reasonable in price with a variety of prints and colours to choose from.
- We wanted to incorporate part of our culture into our food and have a shared, feasting style menu. Thai Street Food catering provided the most delicious food.
- Kris Wason and Flip Side band was our entertainment. They were professional, played effortlessly, with our singer Spencer also playing the role of our MC
- Our photographer Trang, from Still Wild Love captured the beautiful colours and amazing landscape. Trang is always happy and so much fun. Trang inspected the venue prior to our wedding date to ensure we could have photos with the most amazing backdrops
Our Suppliers, Continued
- Sam and Andy from Samuel Caslick Videography, were super chilled, reasonably priced, provided a great service with drone footages included. Walking in front of us ensuring there was no cobwebs in the way. Calming the grooms nerves.
- Botanical Photo Booths provided a reliable, friendly service with an attendant who was always smiling. Gifs and a photo booth all in one with unlimited prints. Nothing was ever too difficult, Lisa made the whole process easy.
- Cake Alchemy we found were well priced and offered a delivery service with a variety of flavours. Lorna was such a delight to work with.
- Our bathroom hire from Portable Powder Rooms was clean and spacious.
- We hired lawn games from Fun in the Sun that were aesthetically pleasing and in great condition. All the pieces are hand made.
- Our signage and stationery from Laura Elizabeth Design were beautiful, quality products.
- Carl and Kevin from Xennox Diamonds gave such professional friendly service. They took the time to design my engagement / wedding ring with my husband. When I went back with Paul, they designed the wedding ring of my dreams. Beautifully executed with a great whisky bar!
Venue: Rosewood Estate | Photographer: Still Wild Love | Film: Samuel Caslick | On the Day Coordination & Styling: Scenic Rim Bride | Florals: Bunch It Up | Gown: White Lilly Couture | Hair & Makeup: Jim Artistry | Suit: Politix | Entertainment: Kris Wason Band | Cake: Cake Alchemy | Photobooth: Botanical Photo Booth | Bathroom Hire: Portable Powder Room | Stationery/Signage: Laura Elizabeth Design | Celebrant: Celebrant Lady Love | Mobile Bar: Cin Cin | Catering: Thai Street Food | Lawn Games: Fun in the Sun