Jessica + Troy share their heartfelt love story. It all started with a wedding in Byron Bay, but Covid had other plans…
Our original wedding was planned to take place in Byron Bay. Covid shut those plans down. We then lost my Grandad which made us realise what was important. Who we really wanted to be at our wedding. All of our suppliers for Byron were locked in. However, we were not sure if they were going to be available at such short notice. Much to our surprise, every single supplier was available!
When we first started looking, Rosewood Estate was not available for weddings. Everything happens for a reason and we are beyond happy in hindsight. Troy and I were able to get married at such a stunning venue. With only 2 dates available left in 2020, we chose the 26th September. Which at the time was only 5 weeks away.
Photographed by Shane Shepherd
JESSICA + TROY
Highlights from our day
Marrying each other FINALLY!
Our first dance ‘Can you feel the love tonight’. Everyone held sparklers and sang the words at the top of their lungs. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
Being able to spend the entire weekend at the property. Not having to leave once the wedding was over. Seeing how happy our family and friends were celebrating us. Dancing to our epic DJ and Sax player belting out the bangers!
Rosewood Estate was referred to us by a colleague who celebrated her 21st birthday a few years prior. After contacting Simon, we arranged to inspect the venue that same week. As soon as we got out of the car, we were amazed at the view overlooking the Gold Coast. Another highlight was the cottage onsite, which slept 14 guests. This allowed our Bridal Party to stay 3 nights with us turning our wedding into one big celebration!
Nothing was too hard for Simon either – he was so helpful and really chilled about everything.
We strongly recommend to book additional nights at Rosewood Estate. Make the most of the wedding weekend. Our family and friends enjoyed a Sunday session following a recovery breakfast.
Plan, Style and Coordination
Scenic Rim Bride was referred to us by Rosewood Estate. We reached out to Bronwyn at Scenic Rim Bride who gave up a good 40 minutes at 7pm. Casually chatting to us over the phone, providing ideas before we had even engaged her. Bronwyn supplied a quote for our styling and on the day co-ordination. But Bronwyn went way beyond than this, being our go to for all things wedding. Organising the big day with only 5 weeks notice!!! She also touched base with all guests on our behalf as she knew how time poor we both were in the lead up to the big day.
Scenic Rim Bride was our life saver. Without Bronwyn, we would not have been able to pull off our dream day like we did. Troy and I wanted a simple yet romantic style wedding. Lots of fairy lights, giving Bronwyn the reigns to create something magical – which she 100% did.
- The Orange Blossum is the best florist in SE Qld and a childhood friend of Troy’s. We are not very creative and we had told Chonnie what we liked and she created magic on the day.
- Photographer – Shane Shepherd Weddings / Tennille Fink – what a dream team combo. Shane lives in Byron and with the border closure could not attend the wedding. However he arranged Tennille on his behalf to shoot our day, with Shane editingthe photos. This is a show of small businesses supporting each other through such a tough time for the wedding industry. We chose Shane as we met him at an open day and loved his natural style. We were not disappointed when he organised for Tennille to shoot our day. Her style was very similar. Tennille was great fun on the day and our photos really reflect how much love and happiness was shared.
- Rings and jewellery – Paradise Jewellers – family friend of Jess’. Coincidently, Troy’s cousin works there who helped Troy design Jess’ dream engagement ring.
- Celebrant – Shauna Rowe Marriage Celebrant – professional, friendly and lovely. Shauna is one of Jess’ mums friends. We had met with Shauna when we first got engaged almost 3 years ago. She was with us every step of the way especially during the tough covid cancellation of our first wedding.
Our Suppliers, cont’d
- Catering – Prestidge Catering – Barry is a family friend of Jess’ and catered at her best friend’s wedding. So we knew the standard of food would be exceptional. We are both foodies so this was important to us. Barry and the team delivered – the food was outstanding. The professional service of the wait and bar staff was amazing. What one would expect at a 5 star restaurant.
- Dress – custom made by a local dressmaker.
- Veil – Jess’ Mum’s veil.
- DJ and Saxophone player – Nick Economidis – Nick is part of Byron DJ Mood Swing & Chevy Base. We had seen Nick play before and really knew how to get the crowd pumped up. On our last night in Mexico, sitting by the pool in Cabo, a sax player started playing. We both frothed on the sound and agreed we needed a sax player at our wedding. We weren’t allowed in Byron but were able to have it at Rosewood. This was a massive bonus!
- Cake – 3-tiered white chocolate Macadamia cheesecake made by Troy’s Mum (it is her speciality)
- Bridesmaids – wore dresses by Shona Joy.
Venue: Rosewood Estate | Photographer: Shane Shepherd | Catering: Prestidge Catering | Flowers: The Orange Blossom
Planning, Styling & Coordination: Scenic Rim Bride